Snort mailing list archives

snort as a service on Windows 2000

From: August.K.Kunnecke () pmusa com
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:17:48 -0500

I am trying to use Snort on a Windows 2000 server.

Snort works when I type snort -v -ix. I am having problems getting it to run
as a service. It install fine. When I try to start it, I get different
errors. I have finally decided to stop and see if I can get some help. This
time I am getting the following message in my event viewer:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID:       7000