Snort mailing list archives

RE: Anyone Use 3Com Gigabit Fiber-SX NIC?

From: John Crain <port123tcp () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 10:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

Gerson, Thanks for the information.  What OS are you running?--John

"Ricardo, Gerson" <gricardo () gableseng com> wrote:

I use one to sniff a SPAN port for our main trunk VLAN. I have it inside a 64bit PCI slot running on a Dual 2.4Ghz
Workhorse with 1GB DDR RAM and 2x 36GB 15K Cheetahs. Works like a charm! CPU utilization never goes above 10% usage. If
you have any questions about it, please feel free to ask!

Gerson Ricardo
Gables Engineering, Inc.