Snort mailing list archives

Re: error while connecting snort to mysql

From: David Alonso De La Vega Tapage <delavegad () bancoaliado com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 08:44:17 -0500

you must need to compile snort with my sql option ..
./configure snort****with-mysql

or use an rpm ( if u use RH ) that contain snort with mysql support .. and is must recomended uptodate snort to a most recent versiĆ³n .. 2.0.0 ..

Check the list archive for more reference ..

Cheers ...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&r=1&w=2

kamblesantosh wrote:

Hello sir,

  I am a new user to linux platform. But now I have some knowledge of it.

I am using snort-1.8.7.tar version of snort

and  mysql-3.23*.tar

I have created database(name=snort) for snort in mysql as given command (in contrib folder of snort)

I have set option in snort.conf file also

PROBLEM:

when I try to run snort with -c snort.conf (here in this file database alert options set)

I get following error.

database: mysql suport is not compiled in this copy

Please help me the solve this problem as early as possible

Santosh A. Kamble