Snort mailing list archives

Re: {SPAM} Re: unsubscribe <benz=me> [liqs () neusoft com]

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:29:52 -0400

If your mail client was standards-aware and actually showed you message headers, you'd already know as every message posted to the list contains"

(Note: this is actually _the_ IETF standardized way for a mailing list to indicate how to unsubscribe. RFC 2369 chapter 3.)

Go to that page and go ALL the way to the bottom, enter your email address and hit "edit options".

If you don't know your password, hit the "mail my password to me" button.

Once you have your password, you can enter it in the box in the upper-left and press "unsubscribe".

Poof, you're off the list.

I know the password part is a minor hassle, but it does prevent people from just "bumping you off" the list with a fake unsubscribe request.