Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID Error: Error (p) connecting to DB

From: "Paul Pearston" <paul.pearston () btinternet com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:55:03 +0100

Tim,
I have edited acid_conf.php file and set the values to reflect those of
my snort database. What I was trying to highlight below was that I can
access the snort database manually from a shell prompt and query one of
the tables with the same variables as I have configured in my
acid_conf.php. An extract of the file is as follows:

/* Alert DB connection parameters
 *   - $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name of Snort alert DB
 *   - $alert_host     : host on which the DB is stored
 *   - $alert_port     : port on which to access the DB
 *   - $alert_user     : login to the database with this user
 *   - $alert_password : password of the DB user
 *
 *  This information can be gleaned from the Snort database
 *  output plugin configuration.
 */
$alert_dbname   = "snort";
$alert_host     = "localhost";
$alert_port     = "3306";
$alert_user     = "snort";
$alert_password = "sn0rt";

/* Archive DB connection parameters
*$archive_dbname   = "snort_archive";
*$archive_host     = "localhost";
*$archive_port     = "";
*$archive_user     = "root";
*$archive_password = "mypassword";
*/

I commented out the Archive DB as I don't have one. I'm correct in
assuming that this wouldn't cause me a problem?

Thanks,
Paul

Your answer has nothing to do with the answer you received.  There is a
main configuration file in the ACID directory called "acid_conf.php"
that must be edited to reflect the db values for your snort database:

/* Alert DB connection parameters
* - $alert_dbname : MySQL database name of Snort alert DB
* - $alert_host : host on which the DB is stored
* - $alert_port : port on which to access the DB
* - $alert_user : login to the database with this user
* - $alert_password : password of the DB user
*
* This information can be gleaned from the Snort database
* output plugin configuration.
*/
$alert_dbname = "snort_log";
$alert_host = "localhost";