Snort mailing list archives

Re: What are the possible search-method directives?

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:52:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 May 2003, JP Vossen wrote:

Sorry, missed that (only searched Snort-Users, duh).

Don't sweat it.  <wishfull_thinking> You know it would be nice to have a
'search snort-users, snort-devel and snort-sigs' setup...
</wishfull_thinking>

Is mwm the "default" if you do not specify anything then?

Yes.  Line 186 (fpInitDetectionEngine) of fpcreate.c is where you'll see
that.  That function is called from snort.c, line 229.

I'm not surprised. :-)

:)

But when I tried to use "auto" as in:
      config detection: search-method auto

Snort barfed on startup,so I assume I am misunderstanding something.

From what I can tell 'auto' isn't fully implemented yet.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams