Snort mailing list archives

Re: Making snort smarter...

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:03:14 -0500

For the specific example you give I think it would be entirely appropriate to create a var called "$IIS_SERVERS" and then put all the *other* webservers under $HTTP_SERVERS. I've suggested this before, and I'd love to see it implemented in the rules, because IIS is a beast unto itself.

I too get irritated by the many IIS alerts for Apache servers. (We also have both.)

Other than that one anomaly, I'm not sure what you have in mind. I can't think of another alert that is so consistently "abused".