Snort mailing list archives

Re: Net_SSLeay updated Makefile.PL for RH9

From: David T Hollis <dhollis () davehollis com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:11:50 -0400

David Powell wrote:

Does anyone have an updated Makefile.PL for RH9?

I'm trying to find out what modifications I need to make to the file to get
Net_SSLeay to work with the same compiler that OpenSSL in RH 9 is using.
Trying to get Sensors to make SSL connections to Console for security
purposes.

Dave Powell - Network Analyst

Infrastructure 310-258-7140

Herbalife IT Department

The openssl in RH9 is 0.9.7 and is built with Kerberos support. If you add `pkg-config --cflags openssl` to your CFLAGS, your package should build with no problem. Alternatively, there is a define you can set (OPENSSL_NO_KRB5) so that the openssl headers (ssl.h) will not try to include the Kerberos headers (disabling any kerberos support).