Snort mailing list archives

Snort and Brdiging Firewall

From: "Allan Dover" <bigaldover () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:30:42 -0500

Hey Fellow Snorters,

I put togeteher a new RH 8.0 Linux box.
Set up Snort 2.0 with ACID and MySQL, works great.
Im running it as my main IDS now.
although I still Have 1.91 running on another Linux Box.
I have patched my kernel and have enabled Bridging and Netfiler Firewall support. I am trying to figure out where to go next. Snort is catching everything coming in the nextwork very efficiently, I want to have snort dynamically change the IPTABLES so if one of the users tries to launch Kazaa, Snort would log the attempt and dynamically block that users from using Kazaa and so on.

Anyone do anything similar to this ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Allan
bigaldover () hotmail com