Snort mailing list archives

AW: Test data logs available?

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:48:20 +0200

Hi Melissa,

You might have a look at the honeynet's homepage www.honeynet.org where
there are some very interesting dumps available provided for the "Scan of
the Month". Although they're in pcap format you can feed snort with it and
generate alerts in any format snort supports.

Just my $0.02

HTH,
Sandro

Hi all,

I am currently involved in a research project as part of my thesis
research that uses Snort log data. Right now, we are trying to make
sure our tools work well on a wide variety of Snort logging formats
and versions. To this end, I was wondering if there are any public
repositories of Snort logs which we could use to test our tools.

Melissa Danforth
UC Davis Seclab