Snort mailing list archives

RE: swatch alternatives?

From: "Nelson, Ben" <bnelson () rightnow com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:42:41 -0600

Try logsurfer:
http://www.cert.dfn.de/eng/logsurf/

I use this program to watch my logs and email me about alerts.  One of its really nice features is 'contexts', which
allow you to watch
for multi-line patterns in logs and perform different actions based on the contents of the context.  So, in your case,
if you had several related
Snort alerts that came in at the same time (or close to it), you could send them as one alert, rather than spamming
yourself with one notification
per alert.

--Ben