Snort mailing list archives

Re: ICMP Destination ... (Port Unreachable) Help

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:22:29 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Brian Blake wrote:

In the past two day's I have had a machine generating over 5k hits a day.
The traffic shows up via snort as ICMP Destination Unreachable (Port
Unreachable).  The machine in question has sent this same traffic two about
10 different address, but both on the same day.  I have talked with two
other people who know networking and TCP/IP and they are just as stumped.
The system is running upto date with McAfee Virusscan 4.51 sp1.  Below you
will find the info extracted from snort.  I researched port 137 scans on
Sans Website with no real help.

Google is your friend:

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:Sl6EBNYOWx8C:www.finchhaven.com/pages/incidents/030102_udp_137.html+%22port+137%22+%22CKAAA%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Cheers!