Snort mailing list archives

Re: [OT] Anti Virus on Linux?

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:16:57 -0500

Well, I'll agree it's not strictly snort related, and the first post even acknowledges that, so I'll agree it's OT to some degree. I'll add an OT flag to the subject in light of that.

Still, to some degree issues related to keeping your snort box secure from rootkit and/or worm infiltration are relevant. Usually a snort box is in a very good position on the network to engage in spoofing attacks, so a penetrated snort box is a very dangerous thing.

The thread seems to have diverged into clearly off-topic discussions of scanning e-mail, but the original post was asking if it's important/relevant for a snort sensor to have such software.

So it's not totally unrelated, and certainly snort-box-security discussions should not be regarded as unimportant or irrelevant to Snort and the snort-users community.