Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort to Oracle

From: "Steven Rudolph" <srudolph () iocenter net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:03:51 -0500

It is running on a sun Netra separate form Snort and my web server.  It
really starts bogging down at over 100K alerts.
The Netra easily reaches 100% CPU when doing queries when the database
is over 100K alerts.
I have an Sun E220r sitting around with dual procs, maybe that will work
better?
Ahh well, I made some major changes to the rulebase today and it is not
alerting as much now, but I will find out soon if this will work.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Steve