Snort mailing list archives

Re: Authenticating acid with Apache...

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 07:58:51 +1300

Tobias Rice wrote:

I know this may be getting a little off topic, but I'm sure that some of you
may have encountered this problem. I am using Win2k/Apache 2x with ACID.
After setting up digest authentication for my acid directory, it breaks acid
(some links don't work, no graphs are displayed etc...) ...

This is really purely an Apache Digest issue - not ACID. I've been using Basic auth over HTTPS to protect our ACID installs for over 18 months with never any bother. You either have a misconfiguration - or an Apache bug at work here...

BTW: one should always use ACID over HTTPS instead of HTTP - nothing worse than getting the results page from ACID setting off snort alerts ;-)

Jason