Snort mailing list archives

New Snort 2.0 Detection Papers on snort.org

From: Daniel Roelker <droelker () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:05:58 -0500

In case some of you haven't visited snort.org recently, Marc and I have
released some new papers on the Snort 2.0 detection engine and they are on
the website.  These papers explain the new technologies that we developed
for Snort 2.0 to speed up the detection engine.  There are three new papers
and each addresses a significant component of the new engine: the rule
optimizer, protocol flow analysis, and the multi-rule detection engine.

If you get a chance to read these, please let us know what you think.
Thanks.

--
Daniel Roelker
Software Engineer