Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to test snort and acid - help

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:14:51 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Scott wrote:

I have setup snort and the acid web based viewers on my Redhat8 system.

I need to test the settings so I know I have set it to report correctly, and
on the correct network eg eth0.

Can anyone advise.

Sure.  Check the docs page before you hit that send key next time.  :)

On the docs page [0] there is a section called 'Setup Guides' which has
one called "Snort Installation Manual - Snort, MySQL, Redhat 7.3" [1].

Yes, it's for 7.3.  And no, there's not enough of a change from 7.3 -> 8
to make a difference.

Also you might want to check the "ACID: Installation and Configuration"
guide [2] a line or two down.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams