Snort mailing list archives

Can ACID console and snort sensor run on same box?

From: "Gordon Cunningham" <gcunnin2 () bellsouth net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:23:46 -0500

I'm still learning the ropes when it comes to putting distributed sensors
and consoles together.  Is it possible to run ACID console with MySQL on the
same box as a sensor and have the sensor report into the database?  If so,
I'm not seeing it work here and don't know where to look next.  I followed
the RH 7.3, ACID, etc. doc posted on the snort docs page, but of course
there were some differences...  ACID reports 0 sensors, alerts have been
logged to the "alert' log file but I don't see them in the database.  The
sensor appears to be in there properly, though.

Thanks.

- Gordon