Snort mailing list archives

RE: Help with SnortCenter

From: "Counselman, Chris Contractor/Sverdrup" <chris.counselman () us army mil>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:15:09 -0600

I am having the same problem. I have the front end and agent setup and
can interact with the sensors to a limited degree. I am running
snortcenter .9.6 on redhat 8.0 using snort 1.9.0. I updated the rules
from the internet, setup the database, and did everything else the setup
said to. When I attempt to restart the snort service snortcenter stops
the snort daemon but cannot properly start it nor can I push rules or
the .conf file out. Where does snortcenter default to when it is
uploading rules and the conf files to the sensors? Where can I change
this value? Is there any good documentation on snortcenter other than
the snortcenter/acid/redhat 7.3 guide or what you can find on the
snortcenter website?

Thanks,

Chris