Snort mailing list archives

Snort

From: "Christopher Biddle" <smjm1943 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:21:17 +0000

Hi

I am currently doing a project on Intrusion Management and have decided to use snort to demonstrate the importance of this topic in monitoring traffic on a small network. Could anyone offer any advice on how to go about setting this up. I have decided to use a windows 2000 environment and have already downloaded all the files I need. The problem I have is which machines to install the various programs on, I have read alot about snort installation on Linux but can't find much on windows. Is the setup similar i.e. snort on one machine, MySQL on another etc. Also are there various ways in which the wiring configurations can be done that prevent traffic flowing in 2 directions.

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers

Chris