Snort mailing list archives

email notification scripts

From: Ryan Ordway <ryan () nwgeeks com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:33:35 +0000 (GMT)

        I've recently moved from an alert logging based Snort system to a
MySQL based logging Snort system. Previously I had a script that would
parse the alert file periodically and email the output to me if certain
conditions existed (certain rules had been matched). Now of course, there
is no alerts file to parse.

        Is there a script available online somewhere that will connect to
the database and run a query to list all alerts logged in the last x
amount of time? I'm trying to write one myself, but not having much luck
unfortunately.... maybe something to use as an example?

        Thanks muchly,

        Ryan

--
ryan () nwgeeks com
HELO... my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!

     Hi! Can you to speak to me the learn for to speak the Unix?