Snort mailing list archives

snort-acid timestamp problem...anyone ever fix this?

From: "Brian J. Smith-Sweeney" <bsweeney () physics ucsb edu>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 17:17:14 -0800

Hello all,

I'm new to the list, and subscribed due to a problem I'm having with
timestamps using snort/acid.  I saw the post below in the archives from
November, but no one seemed to have an answer, so I'm re-asking:  does
anyone know why the timestamps ACID would be reporting are wrong?  The
system clock is correct, but the timestamps are consistently off by 8
hours.  Even on the ACID main page, the "queried on" time shows up
right:

        Queried on  : Mon January 13, 2003 15:53:03

but the "time window" is off:

        Time window: [2003-01-13 23:16:53] - [2003-01-13 23:52:49]

Any guesses?

-Brian

Brian Smith-Sweeey
Senior Systems Administrator