Snort mailing list archives

RE: spp_portscan2 proxy alerts

From: "Dane Howard" <Gr8Dane2 () bellsouth net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:30:03 -0500

Ok, someone answered my question and I deleted it before responding.  I
did try the ssp_portscan2-ignore hosts.  But, at the time I tested it I
was using IDScenter.  I quit using IDScenter due to a problem it has
with the Stream4 (it doesn't disable the evasive scan alert).  So, I
went back and tested the ignore again and, sure enough, it works when
not using IDScenter.  So, beware, if you are using IDScenter and have
problems with either of these scans, that is probably your problem.  I
have posted a comment on their website in regards to it.  And don't get
me wrong, I'm not doggin IDScenter.  Otherwise it is a great program
worth a look if your not using it now.  Not to mention, it does a good
job of the all-elusive automatic emailing of alerts!  Thanks for your
response.

Thanks again,
Dane