Snort mailing list archives

Re: Smoothwall - Please, help me.

From: Peter Robb <lists () newproject pl>
Date: 11 Jan 2003 12:06:59 +0100

The Smoothwall mailing list has discussed this at length too.
fixes20  had an error in it, so I guess you are still using v0.9.9

Recommended you use the new iso v1.0 for a couple of months before the
new 2.4 kernel v2.0 is released.

[snip]
m.t.pot () ieee org wrote:
This is because fixes20 renames the snort rules directory, but doesn't
install any new snort rules.

Fixes21 does not fix the snort issue.
If you installed the early version of fixes20, and can't start snort,
run this from your command prompt:
    mv /usr/local/lib/snort.old /usr/local/lib/snort/

Note that the early version of fixes20 which broke IDS was only
available on the Smoothwall website for a short period of time, so
minimal people should be affected by it.
[/snip]