Snort mailing list archives

ACID snort_archive DB access and udp port 0 traffic

From: "Jose Ramon Hernandez Macias" <jhernandez () alestra com mx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:59:09 -0600

Hi,

Just two questions,

Could someone tell me how can I see or consult the content of the
snort_archive database?, I would like to see what
I´ve archived there. Do I need to re-configure ACID?

The other question I have is:
What could be a false positive for BAD TRAFFIC udp port 0 traffic ?
I´ve read some Firewall-1 vulnerability but that´s all.
I just would like to know what could be done with this?,
I´ve detected 8 udp packets coming from the same source IP address and
source port 53
to my both DNS Servers.on destination port 0.

What do you think?

Jose
"Rapidity is the essence of war: take advantage of the enemy´s unreadiness,
make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots." -- Sun Tzu

NOTA: La información de este correo es de propiedad exclusiva y
confidencial. Este mensaje es sólo para el destinatario señalado, si usted
no lo es, destrúyalo de inmediato. Ninguna información aquí contenida debe
ser entendida como dada o avalada por Alestra, sus subsidiarias o sus
empleados, salvo cuando ello expresamente se indique. Es responsabilidad de
quien recibe este correo de asegurarse que esté libre de virus, por lo
tanto ni Alestra, sus subsidiarias ni sus empleados aceptan responsabilidad
alguna.

NOTE:  The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this
message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Alestra, its
subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Alestra, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any
responsibility.