Snort mailing list archives

Incomplete RPC segment - False Positives...

From: Shawn Duffy <pakkit () codepiranha org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:45:18 -0500

Hello all..

I have been running snort for some time now and I am currently running
snort 1.9.1 (Build 231) and my sigs were updated last on March 5th...
All of a sudden however... after my last reboot, I am noticing a huge
amount of alerts for Incomplete RPC Segment and Fragmented RPC Records
from my mail server, source 993... yes, I am using IMAP-SSL for mail...
I don't _believe_ anything has changed on the server-side and I know I
haven't changed anything and I have been using this mail server via
IMAP-SSL for almost a year now and have never seen this before...
Anyone know why this would happen or perhaps, has anyone seen this
before?

Thanks in advance...
Shawn
--