Snort mailing list archives

RE: Question about alerts and Windows environment

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:02:26 -0500

Cannot do.  I've two sensors (1.8.6 and 1.8.7) under Win32.  The 1.8.6
sensor is on a dual-PIII server, which requires an older version of WinPCap
-- the newer WinPCap drivers (those newer than 2.1 apparently) disable
themselves when they detect an SMP environment.

My 1.8.7 sensor could be upgrade to 1.9.0 (I've already tested it), but
because both sensors log to a MySQL database, I'd have to implement a new
Snort schema under MySQL as there were changes between the 1.8.7 database
schema and the 1.9.0 database schema.

Nice idea though. :)

Christopher