Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort installation probs

From: "larc" <larc () pandora be>
Date: Tue 25 Mar 2003 16:39:37 +0100

Hi,

Sensor Message sh: line 1: curl: command not found

make sure that the curl binary is installed on your mamagement console and is in your path.

so it looks like when i went through the setup.sh script i should have
entered "/usr/sbin/snort" rather than "/usr/sbin" how can i edit this
now to be the right path?

Edit the "config" file in the "conf" dir on your sensor agent
snort_path=/usr/sbin/

Regards,
Stefan
------------------------
 Jill Tovey <jill.tovey () bigbluedoor com> wrote:
------------------------
Hi,

I have installed snort and various components successfully so far

I am at the stage now where I am adding the sensor -

the information I am typing in is as follows:

enable sensor - ticked yes
sensor name - snort
sensor ip - 192.168.0.2
sensor port - 2525
username - admin
password - ******
Sensor Agent Type - snort centre agent v1 (ssl enabled)
Interface name to sniff - eth0
Snort command line - -U -o

Now, when I go to view sensor it says this:

snort ->eth0 Can't Connect to 192.168.0.2:2525 Retry Connecting

Sensor Message sh: line 1: curl: command not found

I have tried a few variations on the sensor - such as using 192.168.0.2,
eth0, different name, etc

now, when i go to https://localhost:2525/

i find this error:

Current config file error:
sh: line 1: /usr/sbinsnort: No such file or directory

so it looks like when i went through the setup.sh script i should have
entered "/usr/sbin/snort" rather than "/usr/sbin" how can i edit this
now to be the right path?

or if this problem is due to some other error then could you please let
me know.

Kind Regards,

Jill

Hi,

I have installed snort and various components successfully so far

I am at the stage now where I am adding the sensor -

the information I am typing in is as follows:

enable sensor - ticked yes

sensor name - snort

sensor ip - 192.168.0.2

sensor port - 2525

username - admin

password - ******

Sensor Agent Type - snort centre agent v1 (ssl enabled)

Interface name to sniff - eth0

Snort command line - -U -o

Now, when I go to view sensor it says this:

snort -&gt;eth0 Can't Connect to 192.168.0.2:2525 Retry Connecting

Sensor Message sh: line 1: curl: command not found

I have tried a few variations on the sensor - such as using 192.168.0.2, eth0, different name, etc

now, when i go to https://localhost:2525/

i find this error:

Current config file error:

sh: line 1: /usr/sbinsnort: No such file or directory

so it looks like when i went through the setup.sh script i should have entered &quot;/usr/sbin/snort&quot; rather than
&quot;/usr/sbin&quot; how can i edit this now to be the right path?