Snort mailing list archives

Re: iptables + Snort

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:04:42 -0500

Snortsam and inline-snort are packages that add on to snort to make it an IPS, which will do what you want. There's a couple others out there , but I forget the names offhand..

By default snort is an IDS, and that's why it doesn't modify your firewall right out-of-the-tarball. IDS's aren't supposed to do anything but log...