Snort mailing list archives

Re: "file size limit exceeded"

From: Ueli Kistler <iuk () gmx ch>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 17:06:58 +0100

The default .login file may contain this line
filesize limit x

Regards,
 Ueli Kistler
 eclipse () packx net
 www.packx.net

--

Rodney Jackson wrote:

Hi,
I have been running snort for over a year on the same server but now I'm getting an error. I have plenty of harddrive space and over 2gigs of ram. I'm getting the following error when I try to run snort: "[1]+ File size limit exceeded/usr/local/snort/snort -i eth1 -c /usr/local/snort /rules/snort.conf -u snort -g snort -b -l /var/snort_log_storage"

Please help if you can.

Thank

Rodney