Snort mailing list archives

snort e oracle

From: "Master Brian" <mangabbs () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:13:44 +0100

I've finally fixed (with help of the DBA for oracle) my snort distribution to work with oracle. I've compiled it with
oracle support (thx to oci libraries). I've patched the spo_database.c files (that I've found over internet was bugged
for use with oracle). But I've the same problem that was adviced with version 1.9.0:

Having problems with logging to oracle, when spo_database attempts to
insert into OPT table, the following occurs:

database: oracle_error: ORA-06550: line 1, column 5:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "end-of-file" when expecting one of
the following:

   begin case declare exit for goto if loop mod null pragma
   raise return select update while with <an identifier>
   <a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> <<
   close current delete fetch lock insert open rollback
   savepoint set sql execute commit forall merge
   <a single-quoted SQL string> pipe

I'm running snort 1.9.1. on redhat 8.0 with mysql all work good, but with oracle I'm having so many problem, can
someone help me? I've to wait until next version?

Thank you.