Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multiple sensors?

From: Keg <snrtlst () netscape net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:45:32 -0500

1. I sniff firewall ports (which are connected to the corresponding 8 segments), in that sense-yes I can see/sniff all traffic. 2. Most of the traffic is incoming from internet (public NIC), the rest are dedicated segments for Internal WAN/VPNe we run on dedicated lines.]
So here is the plan:
1 box will have 2 NICs and it will sniff incoming internet traffic and DMZ access (-i any will be used) 2nd box will have 5 NICs and will sniff the rest of the firewall ports connected to the rest of the segments (-i any will be used)

So you say it is an acceptable configuration as long as boxes are beefy enough to accomodate the traffic flow?