Snort mailing list archives

Snort not log into mysql

From: "Gatti, Mauro" <Mauro.Gatti () directline it>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:31:14 +0100

Hi all, i'm a new snort user.
I've compiled snort with option --with-mysql=<DIR> because I'd like snort
write on mysql db.
I've configured mysql creating "snort" DB and table using script coming with
snort distribution.
I've created snort users with privileges in snort db.
I've configured snort in snort.conf file to make it write on mysql db.
Finally I run snort but it use log file in /var/log/snort and and "select
count(*)" from snort tables returns 0!!!!

Could You help me?

Thank You

Mauro