Snort mailing list archives

Curiosity about lost connectivity

From: "Andrea Iacopini" <andrea.iacopini () realtech it>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:16:27 +0100

Hi,
I've set up a snort distribuited architecture, 4 sensor and a management
system.
My question is: what happen to sensor when tries to write logs on the
remote management but there's no connectivity due
a various problems ? Do I lose the logs ? Or Snort can have some queue ?
Does exists some settings to implement some settings te prevent this ?
Regards,

A.
Andrea Iacopini,
Technology Solutions, Networking and Security Competence Center

REALTECH Italia S.p.A. - Technology drives e-Business
Via Paolo di Dono, 73 - 00142 Roma, Italy

andrea.iacopini () realtech it
Mobile + 39 335 123.44.93
Tel. +39 06 51.95.981, Fax. +39 06 51.96.36.74
Valued IEEE Member,
Member NO: 41412812
Real hackers don't die, just their TTL expires. [Unknown]