Snort mailing list archives

Re: AW: Snort Inline - ip_queue dies

From: webcatalog () mac com
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:24:36 -0600

I got snort-inline 1.9.1 to compile, I did hit 3 snags, here is how I got it to compile finally.

 ERROR!  Libipq library/headers not found, go get it from
    www.netfilter.org
    or use the --with-libipq-* options, if you have it installed
    in unusual place

I forgot to run "make install-devel"  on the iptables-1.2.7a install

The second complained about libnet.h,

/usr/include/libnet.h:87:8: warning: multi-line string literals are
deprecated
make[3]: *** [inline.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/snort_inline-1.9.1/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/snort_inline-1.9.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/snort_inline-1.9.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

once I restarted with iptables1.2.7a, that disappeared.

the next snag was with libpcap I had to create a pcap directory

inline.c:2:23: pcap/pcap.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [inline.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/snort-inline/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/snort-inline/src'

mkdir /usr/include/pcap
cd /usr/include/pcap
ln -s ../pcap.h pcap.h
ln -s ../pcap-namedb.h pcap-namedb.h

This will create sym links in the pcap directory.

Once I did this everything worked great. Now I just need to patch the kernel, so I can get ip_queue to work. where did you get the patch-o-matic?

Sincerely,