Snort mailing list archives

Re: Upgrade from 1.8.6 to 1.9.1

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:02:30 -0800 (PST)

I simply installed 1.9.0 on top of 1.8.7 when I did my upgrade.
Actually I created a seperate snort directory and snort.conf and
backed up the old binary, then installed the new version.  That
way that worst thing that can happen is you have to roll back to
the old version, which takes about 10 minutes tops.

After confirming that the new install worked I just
copy->pasted/edited the relevant snort.conf vars and away we
went.

To be honest I would just get an old tarball of 1.8.6 and back
up snort.conf.  Then you can just re-install.

--- Elvira_Byrnes () mobileinnovations com au wrote:
Hi

I am wondering if anybody can help me with how I can upgrade
Snort. I have
inherited the task of looking after it. I really need to
preserve the
current configuration.

I would really appreciate it if some one gave me command line
instructions
as well as what I should back up just in case.

Thank you very much in advance.

Elvira

******************** Confidentiality Statement
***************************

This message contains privileged and confidential information
intended only
for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the
intended
recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action
in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in
error, please
delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately.
Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where
the sender specifically states them to be the view of the
company.

=====