Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort problems SOLVED

From: Adam Kennedy <akennedy () niesc k12 in us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:53:31 -0500

Adam Kennedy wrote:
Jeff Nathan wrote:

Adam,

are you reporting a bug in the compilation or operation of Snort? If you are reporting a bug in the operation of snort, please reference the BUGS file contained withing your source distribution and report the bug using the directions specified therein.

- -Jeff

I'll do that, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else had any ideas before calling it a bug. Most times something that appears as a bug is really user error or misunderstanding how the software works.

Thanks for the response though!

AGH! My stupid mistake. I had the following at the end of one of my rules in chat.rules:

resp: resp: rst_all;

Apparently it doesn't like having a response to a response ;) Sorry about all the unnecessary traffic. I'll go back into my rabbit hole now.

--
| Northern Indiana Educational Services Center |
| Adam Kennedy - akennedy () niesc k12 in us      |