Snort mailing list archives

RE: Best Practices

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:23:29 -0500

I don't because all too often patches for MS Windows only do part of the job
and at some later date, yet-another-buffer overrun is discovered.

Instead, I spend time daily looking at the Snort alerts and other system
logs to make sure that the attacks are remaining within a known pattern.  If
I see something weird, I dig further.

HTH