Snort mailing list archives

Re: Virus - Possible scr Worm

From: Alberto Gonzalez <electron () wwjh net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:04:47 -0500 (EST)

hi

{ sigh.. }

while retreiving my mails from my pop server I got
this alert in ACID

I looked at the data payload, it had one .scr file.

So it means it was I virus ?
Does this .scr extension relates to a virus ?

What rule triggered the alert? Do you have a packet dump? We can't
determine _anything_ from your post. You have to be more specific.
Also, you _wont_ learn anything by posting every single question you have,
as stated by Erek Adams, snort has extensive documentation. If you don't
understand what the alerts are, there are plenty of books that cover
intrusion detection systems. "Intrusion Detection: An Analyst's Handbook"
3rd edition has quite a few chapters on snort. This will help you in your
journery...

Don't you think its time you crossed the street without someone holding
your hand?

Regards,
Bishan

 Cheers!
 Alberto Gonzalez

--
"Success comes to the person who does today, what you are thinking of doing tomorrow."