Snort mailing list archives

Re: Weird problem

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:22:34 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Chae Yew Chuen wrote:

I install snort 1.9 on a win2k server running IIS 5.0 with patches installed
the box has 3 NICs installed.I test snort by launching a series of uricode
attacks from another PC ,it manage to detect the attack only once even i
launch 10 different attacks at different intervals. How can i configure it
to detect the attacks??

What attacks?  What rules (SID's) did you expect to be alerted by?  Did
you examine the rules to see what the triggers were?  Do you know that the
other PC was even sending all of the indicated attacks?  Any examples?
How were you sending the alerts?

BTW, if "1.9" means 1.9.0, then please upgrade to the newest build.  There
was a security issue with the RPC decoder in 1.9.0 that's fixed in 1.9.1.
You can snag the Windows binary here [0].

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/snort-1_9_1.exe