Snort mailing list archives

Re: My settings and output of 3 test on snort, is this normal?

From: Nigel Houghton <nigel.houghton () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:38:51 -0500

No. The EXTERNAL_NET is whatever is NOT your LAN. So, in your case...

var $HOME_NET $eth1_ADDRESS

On Thursday 06 March 2003 04:48 pm, mike Hughes wrote:
Whats Up!
Aliright soo my HOME_NET should be eth0? and EXTERNEL_NET should be any?
Casue on my network  "eth0 is connected to the INTERNET" and
"eth1(192.168.0.1) is connected to my LAN"?

var HOME_NET $eth0_ADDRESS
var EXTERNAL_NET any

Like this its suppose to be?

Thanks