Snort mailing list archives

unknown destination ip and portscan false alerts

From: Always Bishan <bishan4u () yahoo co uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 06:56:19 +0000 (GMT)

hi

1) I'm getting lot of alerts of this type, they don't
have any destinatiopn IP . My machine containing snort
has IP address  192.168.0.3.

Signature: portscan
alert: spp_portscan detected from 192.168.0.11
(THRESHOLD
       4 connections exceeded in 0 seconds)
source ip: 192.168.0.11
destination ip: unknown
proto: IP

2) i'm getting a lot of portscan alerts to and from
port 80,25 and 53.

How do I disable alerts to and from these ports?
How do I disable portscans from internal network to
internet, but keeping portscans from internal network
to internal network intact.

PLEASE DO HELP OUT!

Regards,
Bishan