Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 1.9.1 with redhat 8.0 and libnet 1.0.2.a

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 05:18:17 +0000

RedHat 8.0

tar zxvf libnet-1.0.2a.tar.gz
cd Libnet-1.0.2a
./configure
make
make install
cd ..
tar zxvf snort-1.9.1.tar.gz
cd snort-1.9.1
./configure --enable-flexresp
make
make install

... works for me.

cheers,
--dr

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 20:26:52 -0800
Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org> wrote:

Jason,

How did you install libnet, from source or from an RPM?  Also, where did
you install libnet?  If libnet-config is broken on your system, and it
appears to be very broken, snort will check /usr/include and
/usr/local/include for libnet.h

- -Jeff

- --On Wednesday, March 05, 2003 03:34:38 -0500 Jason Romo