Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort replay into ACID - Sensor Identification

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:16:58 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Dustin Decker wrote:

[...snip...]

for i in /var/log/snort/local_queue/*;
do /usr/sbin/snort -d -c /root/snort/snort.conf -r $i;
done

Again - pretty vanilla.  Now I'm getting into a situation where I'll be
pulling binary files from a handful of hosts, and I don't know how to
specify that each represents a different sensor in ACID.  Can anyone clue
me in on the right way to approach this, or where a doc might be for it?

If you'll check the DB output plugin, you'll see that you can specify the
sensor ID in it's .conf setup.  Now this means you'll have to go from
vanilla to chocolate, but that's a good thing.  :)  One .conf for each box
and a "host x.x.x.x" added to the command line would get you fixed right
up.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

   "When things get wierd, the wierd turn pro."   H.S. Thompson