Snort mailing list archives

Re: Spade Alerts

From: James Hoagland <jim () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 06:41:21 -0800

Mahdi,

I'm not sure what you mean by the style of the alert changing. Perhaps you can give concrete examples.

In any case, the README.Spade file shows the format for the two different types of message strings you will get from Spade. (The rest of the alert is the same as signature alert.) The Usage.Spade file lists the activity descriptions (part of one of the message strings) that specific spade detector types will produce (look under the section describing any detector types you have enabled).

Best regards,

  Jim