Snort mailing list archives

RE: Unable to receive alerts

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:57:28 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS) wrote:

Thanks Joe.
But still, when I am running the snortd script,
my network interface remains in promiscous mode and I am losing network
connection.

Why my network connection is getting disabled when I run the snortd
script?
Am I doing something wrong?

Well, If your wireless card works like mine does, when you enter promisc
mode, it can't associate with the AP anymore, since it's listening on 'all
channels'.  Try starting Snort with the "-p" option.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams