Snort mailing list archives

alert (spp_portscan2) Portscan

From: Always Bishan <bishan4u () yahoo co uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:48:50 +0000 (GMT)

hi

As per the subject,I get this alert in my ACID
running snort 1.9:

(spp_portscan2) Portscan detected from 192.168.1.3: 4
targets 21 ports in 18 seconds

here the source is 192.168.1.3 and destination is
192.168.1.1 (gateway). But I never ran any portscanner
from 192.168.1.3 :( any pointers
what to do?

I also get this alert:
(spp_portscan2) Portscan detected from 192.168.0.1: 2
targets 21 ports in 39 seconds for destination
192.168.0.3

what to do?

and Where do I see the rule  file for this?

I couldnot see this rule anywhere in rules directory.

Regards,

Bishan

=====
Celebrating Happinessemail: bishan@sumerusolutions.comcompany: www.sumerusolutions.com