Snort mailing list archives

Notification on Alert

From: Joerg Weber <j.weber () infos de>
Date: 26 Feb 2003 09:35:48 +0100

Hello everybody,

I'm running the following setup:
Snort 1.9.0 (Build 209), ACID v0.9.6b23, MySQL 3.23.52

Currently, someone (guess who :>) is looking over the Acid Display once
in a while and responds to events based on their severity.
Now, I'm implementing a little perl script which will query the Acid DB
periodically, look for occurances of certain alerts, and email me once
new instances of these alerts are found.

Before I completely reinvent the wheel I thought I'd ask the list if
someone else has found the need to do this and maybe has a script around
already doing something alike? If not, would there be demand for such a
script? Because then I might provide mine (once I'm fairly sure it does
what I want) and, heaven forbid, might even comment it ;)

Cheers,

Joerg

--
Joerg Weber