Snort mailing list archives

Hogwash control? (Newbie question)

From: Lei Zhang <lei () oztell com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:12:29 +1100

Can someone with hogwash experience give me some idea why the control
channel doesn't work for my setup?

I have a hogwash plug into the same hub as a single Mandrake box I'm
protecting, there are no other devices on this hub.  The 2nd NIC of the
hogwash machine is plug into an external lan.  IP stack is disabled on
the hogwash machine.

The Mandrake box can access the external lan with no problem, and the
hogwash does alerting/dropping packets fine.  I just cannot control the
hogwash box from my Mandrake box.

I have all the control programs compiled, and setup the control/scontrol
files on Mandrake box and hogwash box with no encryption.  When I run
any of those h* programes (hping, hstat) etc, it always says resending,
with an error at the end.

TIA,

LEi