Snort mailing list archives

Re: abnormal spade behavior!

From: James Hoagland <jim () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:53:46 -0800

At 12:31 AM -0800 2/24/03, Mahdi Kefayati wrote:
In the Name of the Dearest

Hi Everybody

I'm running spade using the standard conf file bundled
with spade; however, when I run snort using that conf
file no spade.rcv and spade.log file is created but
survey files are created! Also when I merge spade
configs with snort main conf file, snort runs properly
but spade catches a kill signal and stops working.

Mahdi,

What version of Spade are you using?

Note that the spade.rcv file will only be created periodically (by default after 50000 updates), on certain signals, and on snort exit. Spade.log is only created on snort exit.

Also, if you are using the standard configuration, you should not be seeing any survey files since survey mode is disabled in that document.

Kind regards,

  Jim
--
|*     Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense     *|
|*    --- Silicon Defense: The Cyberwar Defense Company ---    *|